fitblr with inspiration, motivation, food + tips!
Running, swimming or aqua-biking.
These sports have great impacts on your body. Not only does they help burn fat, but they also require your muscles to do some hard work. This will improve the general aspect of your body, making your silhouette look smaller and your skin more firm. They do help greatly on the “orange peel” kind of skin !
Keep in mind that these sports are wonderful, not only on your body, but also on your mind, but they do require some long term commitment ! Don’t expect some magic results after only one jog.
Lower body : squats, rear leg raises, wall sits, lunges,…
Upper body : push-ups, planks,…
Some foods have bigger impacts when it comes to avoiding fat storage and water retention, two main causes of cellulite.
Broccoli : vitamin C + calcium (fat burning)
Endive : intybine (digestion + metabolism)
Paprika and celery : diuretic, moderates the appetite, best eaten raw
Cabbage : vitamin C + fiber + magnesium + iron + calcium + zinc
Leek : best anti water retention vegetable
Radish : drains the liver and gallbladder
Onion : lowers blood sugar level, flushes out toxins
Parsley : vitamin C + slows down fat storing
Green tea : general body detox, avoid drinking tea with your meal because it blocks the body’s iron absorption.
- 8 good habits that’ll help on a daily basis
Avoid refined sugar
Avoid eating animal proteins more than once a day
Eat more fiber
Drink lots of water
Avoid unhealthy snacking
Eat more fruits
Avoid saturated fats
Running is popular because it is accessible to mostly anyone, you don’t need to have a gym membership to run! Plus it gives you great results. Getting into running isn’t a walk in the park though (haha get it?) however there are some things you can do to make running better for you.
- Eat an hour or so before working out, preferably something with complex carbs. This will help you keep energized during your run.
- Drink water through out the day or morning before you run. You dont want to become dehydrated while running.
- STRETCH. Make sure you stretch before hand so that you dont end up pulling anything. I like to do a short session of yoga before I go running because it is a good warm up and gets my muscles ready.
- Find a route or set a goal. If you plan on running outside find a route that you like, you can google your city and running paths. If you are running inside on treadmill then set a goal for yourself as to how much you want to walk/run.
- Listen to music that keeps you pumped up! this will make the time go by faster and its just fun lol.
- Set small goals. If I am running outside then I like to set small goals like “okay im going to run to that tree over there and not stop on the way” then I just focus on the tree and then take a break.
- Start off slow! you will not be able to run 3 miles non stop if this is the first time you run. Start off with a walk then run combo and increase your time every time you run.
- Cool down by walking.
- Keep hydrated.
- Stretch again.
Cool Things To Have as a Runner:
- Really good running shoes. You should always have good running shoes but sometimes its good to splurge a bit on shoes to motivate you to go out.
- A water bottle with a handle on it. I got mine at a sporting goods store. It allows me to strap the bottle to my hand so I can run easily with it.
- APPS! There are SO many cool apps for running! My favorite ones are: Zombies,Run! , C25K and map my run.
- ipod/phone armband. This keeps you from having to hold them in your hand.
- Fitbit or Heart Rate Monitor. These will help you see your progress.
So these are MY tips for new runners :) What are some of yours?